Monday, December 14, 2009

The Big 3-OH!




Well, I guess it's official...I'm an adult. After seeing the picture of me and the girls standing in front of a cake with a big 30 on it, I finally felt kinda grown up. On my actual birthday I had to work, but everyone made it extra special for me. Micah came in the house before I left bearing a lovely snowman cake. I would have been very disappointed if he hadn't shown up with a random character cake! Summer brought me a cake and a big button to wear that said old, old, old, old...thanks! The day before was moving day for us, so I was able to wake up in my new house (although it's far from being presentable....lots of decorating and unpacking still to be done). I also became an aunt again...baby Carter (Jeremy and Sarah's son) was born on my b-day...what a fun thing to share with him! Then, this past weekend Micah took me and 3 of our couple friends to San Antonio to see The Lion King musical! I've seen it once before and absolutely loved it, so he knew that I would love it again. He was actually able to keep it a secret from me up until a few days before. I was very impressed that the girls played it cool and didn't leak any info either.
Thanks for making my birthday extra special!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great birthday! :)
Sounds like so much! Congrats on the new house!

The Smallwood Family said...

Happy belated birthday Lori!