Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Car seat Help!

Ok, it's time for Annalee to move from her carrier to a front-facing big-girl seat and I have no idea where to start looking!!! Please leave a comment and let me know what your favorite car seat is and why. :) Thanks! I'll let you know which one I choose.

8 comments:

Kylie said...

We have an Eddie Bauer and a Graco car seat. I think Britax are very good, but very expensive. Target and Babies R Us usually have a great selection. Good luck!

Kandi said...

I have Katie in an Eddie Bauer now but Jack used a Britax both are great!

Unknown said...

My in-laws had the Eddie Bauer one and it was been a pain so they bought a Britax….we have a Britax and love it and we just bought another one for one of our other cars...so we say Britax all the way they are worth the money.

Leilanni said...

We started with an Evenflo but the straps were a pain and the strap slots were not very high. Who knew to check for something like that??? Ellie is very tall for her age and has a long torso. Ended up buying a Britax because they had one of the highest shoulder strap slots. Good luck!!

Oh - do you ever go to babycenter.com? They have a "Car Seat" message board that has more than you ever wanted to know about car seats!!! But it was very helpful :-)

Jennifer said...

We use an Eddie Bauer (the black $119.00 one from Target) and I like it. Sometimes the straps get a little twisted, but it works great and doesn't cost nearly as much as some of the others (which was important to us). It lasts all the way up to some crazy high weight and transitions with the child up through a booster seat, which I also liked.

Courtney said...

I've got to say that I feel dishing out the money for a Britax is well worth it. We've used ours for both kids and love it much more than the original one we bought. I believe it was an Eddie Bauer. Consumer Reports highly recommended the Britax, and our kids are so comfortable in it! It's also supposed to be super safe.

Summer said...

yes, i am a political expert now that i've been to a rally...yeah, right. :-) i think i told you the type of carseat i recommend...the one that goes up to 100 lbs and will work with the seatbelt in your car after they outgrow the attached belts in the carseat. by the way, i knew you'd give a lengthy comment on jennifer's blog about cleaning supplies - ha ha! :-)

Emily said...

Kyle (aka Mr. Consumer Reports) bought the Eddie Bauer one because of it's safety reports. I think the Britax one scored just as high, but was more expensive. I've seen the Eddie Bauer ones at Sam's...but beware, they look ridiculously tiny in them at first! It broke my heart to see Maelie in that big ole thing.