Monday, February 4, 2008

Mardi Gras Day-Day




Apparently it's Mardi Gras time...I didn't realize that until I was smack in the middle of a full-fledged parade at Central Market on Saturday!! That's right, a parade. We like to go up there for a yummy Saturday afternoon lunch every now and then (they have a great patio!). The employees that weren't currently working their stations (I'd say about 75 of them) were dressed up in all kinds of crazy costumes, pushing decorated shopping carts, and throwing beads at everyone! It was a sight. Sadly, I didn't have my camera on me. :( Annalee scored several strands of beads and so did her baby (or day-day as she says).

4 comments:

Kandi said...

Ahhh cute day-day :) Yes I too found out that apparently Mardi Gras starts Feb1st? Who knew!

Kristen said...

HOW fun! :) We haven't been there in awhile, love central market.
So good to see you today, I love that I get to see you more.
Let's have lunch soon!

Amanda said...

Because you’re one of my blogging friends, I wanted to let you know about my new business. I would love for you to go visit my business blog, http://www.froggiebloggiedesigns.blogspot.com/. If you’re interested in having a blog makeover, I would love to help you out!! And even if you’re not, I would love for you to take a look!! More than anything, I need help spreading the word. If you know that one of your blogging friends is looking to make over their blog, please let them know about me!!

Thanks for being my blog friend!
Love,
Amanda (Better known to you from “Manda’s Moments.”) :o)

angela said...

We love Central Market for lunch too, and an occasional Tuesday night! We haven't been their since winter began, but will probably be there a ton once the weather gets nice again! The bead thing is pretty funny. They always seem pretty festive around there. :)