We had a great 4th of July celebration this year. We started off the day with a cookout and swimming at a friend's house. The guys even made a gigantic slip and slide down a huge hill. It was pretty entertaining to watch. Sorry, no pictures of that. Later in the evening we went to the Botanic Gardens to hear the symphony play patriotic music. It seemed like about half of the entire city was there. I've never seen so many people in one yard like that before! The fireworks show was amazing!! They were firing them off directly behind the stage (so it seemed). A red hot ember landed on the blanket in front of us and a lady had to pour a glass of water on it to put it out!! I was a little terrified of catching on fire, but we survived. Here are some pics of the concert and picnic. Rachel took some really cute ones on her camera that I'm still waiting to receive, so I'll have to post them later-hint, hint! :)

4 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Annalee's dress is adorable! Thanks again for letting us mooch off of you for our trip! You're the sweetest!!
Annalee is precious...as usual! I have a couple "mommy questions" for you... If you get a chance, would you mind emailing me at jennacope@hotmail.com? Thanks, Lori!
hey lori!!! Annalee is so cute!! It has been a long time, but I found your blog off another blog. It is great to see that you are doing so well and Annalee is beautiful!
Cutie Pie!! Love the dress :)
Post a Comment