Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What to do with babies?

Last night I was trying to find a website that has a list of activities to do with babies. You know, places to go, things to do with kids under 2.

I wasn't very successful.

Karson and I wanted to take the girls to do something baby-friendly that didn't involve them being in their strollers. We ended up going to our church and playing in the toddler play area, which turned out to be really fun for them.

What do you do in our area that is fun for your little ones? I need some suggestions because Annalee is starting to get really bored with me this summer! Thanks!






8 comments:

Jenna said...

I need some suggestions too! There's only so many times you can fill up the kiddy pool in the backyard...and now it's so hot, I don't even want to do that. Our city has a fun museum for kids...so we bought a membership and can go anytime. There's a great indoor play area...so that's a weely trip for sure. That's all I can think of right now... I'll be checking back for ideas!

The Wardlaw's said...

Tough one! I don't really have this problem yet since Day Day isn't mobile, but Guidelive.com always seems to keep up to date with area kids events and activities. Obviously this isn't something you can do every day, but I thought this idea was cute: http://www.babylovesdisco.com/locations/dallas/. Annalee is getting to the age where she might like to shake it on the disco floor this Fall!

Kandi said...

Sweet Girls :) Do you have a Little Gym in your area? The have fun classes and Mommy & Me ones too :)

leahknick said...

Annalee and Mallory are absolutely precious! You both need to look into baby modeling!! Then I can be their agent and quit work!! :)

Jennifer said...

I'm SO glad you said that because I feel the same way a lot of times! You'll have to ask Kristen D. about this because I haven't been, but apparently there's this sprinkler park in Haltom City where there's tons of sprinklers and slip n slide type stuff, and it's totally FREE!! (we should all go because Bennett's getting sick of me, too, which I believe was made quite obvious today - HA!)

The Pierce Family said...

The girls are SO precious! I love your blog - very cute! Good luck on your search - I can only think of bigger-kid friendly ideas. There is a Wiggles play place on the Dallas side - Frisco, maybe??

Macy said...

I second the Little Gym idea. Meg has been in the summer class and Loves it. Of course, it is only 45 min. out of the whole week. Let's search together, because we are in the same boat now that Meg is walking. I feel lik all I do is follow her around and make sure she isn't doing something dangerous. Maybe you girls can come over next week. Maybe Meg's toys will seem new and exciting to Annalee.

Kamrin said...

Try the Dallas Children's Museum, you can get a membership and it's basically like paying to play with the kid toys. They also have a huge sand room where the kids can dig up "dinosaur bones."

By the way I came to your page through Kandi's.