If you know my child at all, you know that napping isn't her strong point. (That's a major understatement by the way). It's been this way from the get-go. As a tiny baby she would only sleep on some one's chest-awesome. As an older baby she would sometimes sleep in her crib, but only for 'power naps' as we endearingly called them. She has always been able to fall asleep in the car, which wasn't a problem when she was still in her carrier because I would just bring it in the house or the store and let her continue to sleep. Ever since she moved into her big girl carseat we've had even more struggles. There have been times that I've just sat in the car for an hour or more letting her sleep. I've also rolled the windows down in my car and sat on the front porch with a magazine or the computer while she has slept in her carseat. She has also been know to fall asleep standing up in her crib after a crying fit. Her record for sleeping like this is about 30 minutes! Recently, I have been able to get her to fall asleep in her crib (laying down!!) if I sing to her and rub her back for about 5 minutes. I know you are thinking that she has me totally whipped, and she probably does, but at least she sleeps in her crib now! Right this second she has been asleep in it for almost 2 hours!! Of course she sleeps like a champ at school on her napmat with 14 other kids in the room. What?? Her teacher has magical powers.
Yesterday we had a fun shopping day with Karson and Mallory and on our way back to Karson's house Annalee fell asleep. The problem was that we were all in Karson's car. I had the idea that I could move her carseat with her in it back into my car and keep her asleep. And guess what? It worked!! Karson was pretty amazed, but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!!
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
3 comments:
I used to think that babies who never slept in their cribs were just spoiled - until Maelie came along to prove me wrong! I soon became a "anything to get her to take a nap" mom when at 2 months she would go 7 hours with no nap despite my best efforts. You do what it takes, sister!
P.S. I do think that her teacher has magical powers - I have no idea how they do that.
I would not have believed this if I had not seen it with my own eyes. Truly AMAZING!!
Oh I feel your pain!! Power naps are our endearing term too :) I will have to remember your tricks when Savannah moves to the big girl car seat, thanks for the tips!
Post a Comment