Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tough Day

Well, today was kinda tough. I said goodbye to my house. I know it's just a house and there will be others that I love, but it was still sad. I met my cleaning lady there this afternoon and worked a little while she cleaned the main stuff. I had lots of time to sit on my porch swing for the last time and reminisce.

We had a huge porch on that house and that's where we spent lots of time. I loved to sit on the swing and talk on the phone. We endearingly called ourselves porch monkeys because we were out there so much. My house was great too, to me. Annalee's nursery was so cozy. It was the smallest room in the house, but I liked it that way. I loved my huge closet, very uncharacteristic of that style house (the 1920's), but someone at some point enclosed a back porch area to make it. Micah's bathroom was hilarious...teeny tiny. I've never seen a sink as small as his. But, just like everything else in that house, it worked for us.

We were so blessed with the greatest neighbor in the world, Ms. Susi. She loved Annalee like her own grandchild. I trusted her like a relative. She even took Annalee on a walk and to the neighborhood park once. Annalee loved her too. I could also go on and on about the neighborhood itself. I will really miss being able to walk to so many neat things close by. We used to walk up to the botanic gardens, the museums, Central Market, our favorite custard shop, and of course the Wardlaws house. We even walked to downtown once, although that was a little far for my liking!

Lots of things happened in that house; we brought home our first baby, lost our first dog, hosted many get togethers, started a company, etc, etc. Although we've closed the chapter of that part of our life, I am excited to see what God has in store for us next. We would appreciate your prayers as we enter this new phase of life and we are still waiting on direction from Him for exactly where we'll be in several months. Thanks for letting me ramble on about my house, it's just been a sentimental kind of day.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Awww, I know how you feel. We cried when we left our old house. I was kinda sad yesterday thinking that I won't get to see your house again either! :-( You are going to be so thankful to have so much help these next few months when Grace gets here. Yay for grandparents!

Kandi said...

So sweet....It is hard to say goodbye to anyplace you call home, hopefully you wont have to do it more than a couple times :) So many memories yet to be made!!!

annalee said...

it is so bittersweet to start life in a new home you will make your own but have to walk away from so many great memories. i know EXACTLY how you feel! here's to great memories to come!

Anonymous said...

We will miss that house too, but can't wait to cook out at the next one!