We were greeted this morning with a sweet little voice right by our bed! Annalee is still sleeping in her crib (we didn't want too many changes all at once with the move and the new baby soon), but today she decided that she would climb out of it! She actually did this twice yesterday before nap time and it didn't take her long to become a pro. Needless to say, we converted her crib into a toddler bed today. She was pretty proud of her new found freedom. I knew tonight would be interesting getting her to bed, but what happened was downright hilarious. After we did our night-time routine, we had a little talk about staying in the bed and calling for us when she awoke in the morning. (I can at least try, right?) I left her room and a few minutes later I heard her calling for me. I was pretty proud that our little talk had worked. I went back in, we sang some more and then it was night-night time again. It was quiet for almost 30 minutes, so I was pretty sure she had gone to sleep without any problems. Then I started hearing a thumping sound and after that something that sounded like one of her toys. When I went to check on her, she had gotten into her closet and put on a pair of shoes, turned on one of her lamps, and was just cooking away at her kitchen set!! As soon as I opened the door and she saw me she busted out in tears! Amazing. Let's just hope we get this down before Grace gets her in a couple of weeks!
Our other milestone is potty training. I bought her a potty a few months ago just so we would have it and she could get used to the idea of it. I had absolutely no intention of potty training her (I still don't!) I've heard so many people tell me that it's best to follow their lead and not force anything. Plus, if there are major life changes going on in addition, it can make it much harder. I was just going to wait it out as long as she needed to. Is that terrible that I would rather change diapers than deal with potty training at this point?! Anyway, I say all of that to say that she is pretty much potty training herself without me! She will come to me several times a day and ask to go to the potty. She'll take her pants and diaper off and start to go without any assistance. This morning she woke up with a dry diaper and peed in the potty first thing after she woke up. What? I guess we'll be car shopping by next week and picking out colleges. How do they grow up so fast? Crazy.
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
3 comments:
awesome....that is what I am praying for with Meg on PT. I am shocked my little climber hasn't figured out the crib yet, but I dread the day she does. Sweet Annalee!
i can't believe annalee is already in a big girl bed - wow! i want to come and see it. you'll just have a little potty trained LADY by the time grace gets here!
Such a big girl! Bennett hasn't ventured into either one of those developments!
Tuesdays would be awesome for the zoo...when do you want to start? (since you're the one having a baby in less than a MONTH!!)
I've been thinking about you over the last several days. I hope you're feeling wonderful and enjoying these last few weeks!
Post a Comment