These are clothespins that I decoupaged craft paper onto to make an art clothesline for the playroom...stole this idea from a cute etsy store.
I found two barstools on craigslist for $5 and painted them gold (the paint was more than the stools!)
I painted my laundry room...it's hard to tell, but it's a bright turquoise green. I also painted the cabinet black and added a few accessories...still working on the finishing touches.
I saw this idea a ton while I was teaching, but Karson re-inspired me to do this one...rain gutter bookshelves! The whole project cost less that $15 and I did it all myself. Just get the guys at Lowe's to cut the gutter in the sizes that you want. One piece of gutter made 3 shelves 3 foot each.
I spray painted the toys baskets in Grace's room to add more color (they were white before) and then I attached fabric to the back wall of the shelves for even more color. I used liquid starch to attach the fabric... it peels right off if you get tired of it and all you do is wash the fabric and it's good as new!
Closer view of my "mod circles" fabric that I found on etsy.
Projects still on the to-do list....
paint the other stool
make pillows for the playroom from a fun Michael Miller fabric
make a burlap curtain for my kitchen
make a burlap runner for my dining table
spray paint a mirror and two lamps
there may be more later!!
10 comments:
Dude. You're amazing. And I LOOOVE the rain gutter shelves!! I've never seen that before! Totally going to steal it when we have the room :)
So fun! You did a great job!
can I please hire you to come over and tackle all my projects?! I have a bazillion home projects to complete before September, and haven't started a single one! I need your energy! :o)
Hi Lori Beck!! Just checking in on your life! :) Miss you lots! Let's do lunch this summer... please! :)
i love these ideas! thanks for sharing!
I love the rain gutter shelves!! I have been trying to find something I could do with all of these stinkin' books! Im going to have to use that one. Also I love the color in your laundry room. What color is it? Will you email it to me?
Wow! Look at you crazy craft lady!! It all looks awesome !! I especially like the laundry room color! I might just want to do that! It looks so fresh! What color is it?
You just re-inspired me also with the rain gutter shelves...seen those a ton & need those in our playroom! :)
Also-love the clothspins...I need to make ours cute on our art clothes line in the playroom. Mine are just brown now.
Need a job? You are hired!
wow I am impressed with all of your creativity!
Post a Comment