Monday, June 7, 2010

Amazing Wedding

I know I've talked before about Micah's Aunt and Uncle's house in Alabama, but this weekend we were able to attend one of his cousin's weddings there! My pictures don't do it justice, but it was the most gorgeous wedding I've been to. Thanks Lauren for allowing us to be a part of your beautiful day!


The guests sat in the yard in white chairs and the wedding party was on the front porch. There was a string quartet under the tree to the left of the house. Lauren and her flower girls rode in a vintage car (pictured to the left also) behind the crowd and came down the center aisle. We parked in the pasture to the right. Annalee had the job of passing out the rice and favors. Lauren's husband is a dentist, so their favors were toothbrushes!



We had wonderful seats in the shade (thanks Terry and Jodie!) This was good, because I didn't even think of putting sunscreen on the girls!


The reception was at the back of the house. They had a blue grass band playing on the back porch. I didn't get a picture of the pool, but it was so pretty too.




They even built a special gazebo just for her wedding cake!



Me and Rachel with the gorgeous bride!




Our attempt at a family picture. Not too many of those around these days...hard to get everyone to cooperate at the same time! And yes, I chopped my hair off.....in Alabama, by a stranger (I was desperate!). She had a mind of her own with those scissors...wasn't supposed to be THAT short, but it will grow, right!




Grace's second plane ride. She did amazing on the trip. She stayed up past 10pm Friday and Saturday night (bedtime is usually 6:30) and she hardly fussed at all!




And again, our lifesaver for Annalee's in-flight entertainment!




Grace also rode forward facing for the first time on our trip, but isn't doing it permanently yet on a regular basis...still under 2olbs right now.

3 comments:

Kandi said...

Great pics!! LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Perfect for summer :)

Amy said...

Wow, gorgeous! Looks like you guys had such a fun time. AND, I loooove your hair by the way!! You are brave to go to a scissor-happy stranger but you look AWESOME!

Umm, I can't believe Grace is one already! What the what?? Precious b-day pics, loved her outfit. We need to hang out sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your hair!