Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another year older

Well, it's official...I am 28. Yikes! That's so close to 30. Yesterday was such a great day. It was filled with sweet text messages, e-mails, voicemails, and phone calls from friends and family wishing me a super day. Thanks guys! Micah really outdid himself this year. In a nutshell...he set up a spa day at the Gaylord Texan Hotel, then dinner at their steakhouse, and finally a super comfy hotel room to crash in. Thanks to Mama Jo and Papa, Annalee got a break from her Mama. :) Here's a picture from the evening.



Micah also has a birthday tradition where he gets me a funny cake. This all started in college when he grabbed a hamburger cake just to be different and funny. Since then I have had a beer bottle cake (on my 21st, handmade by Micah himself), the grinch, a reindeer, a cheese wheel with mice, a dragon, I know I'm forgetting one. Well, last year since I was pregant on my birthday he decided to try his pastry hand again and make a pregnant lady cake...check out the pic.



Well, what would be more appropriate to follow that than a cake of a baby?! So there you have it, my cake for this year...a baby sleeping in a bed.

11 comments:

annalee said...

happy birthday. i'm glad you had a wonderful day of relaxing and fun. i love the cakes, that is such a funny tradition!

Anonymous said...

The pregnancy cake is very disturbing! Such a cute idea though! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Happy 28th!

Summer said...

i'm so glad yall had a good time! sounds like micah had been working on that one for a while. :-) i'll never forget when i saw that pregnant cake last year when we came over to take you out for your birthday! talk to you later "old lady"! love ya!

Alisha said...

Today in class the teacher said that "young" was 20 to 25. I guess that means I'm old. But at least I'm not 28 yet. :) Glad you had a happy birthday!

Leilanni said...

Happy late birthday! I will be celebrating the first anniversary of my 29th birthday next week. At least I won't be 30 or anything . . . :-)

Love the cakes! That's one talented hubby you've got!

Kandi said...

Love the cakes!! And what a great pic of you guys! So great to see you today...

Kylie said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. 28, you're a pup~ 30 is fun, old but fun!

Andrea W. said...

Happy birthday!! Did Micah really make the pregnant lady cake? I am impressed... and a little jealous of all the super fun sounding things you got to do for your birthday.

Mauri said...

Happy Late Birthday, Lori! Sounds like Micah deserves some props for this one! And I totally agree with Denee' that the pregnancy cake is TOTALLY disturbing, but hilarious. I love the belly button!

Kristen said...

I LOVE the cakes~ That is an awesome tradition. The belly cake is so funny! What a great birthday, Micah did great!!!!

Kylie said...

what's your email? i got your message about frames....i'll give you all the details!