Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl



Today is Annalee's first birthday! WOW, what a year! I can't believe how fast time has flown. This time last year I was in the hospital, my water had been broken (at 8:30 am) and I was just dialating away! I received my epidural around 12:30 and at 3:00 pm on the dot, she was here.

It's just amazing how much I love her. She is so awesome. I love how curious she is, how interactive she is with people, and how happy she is. I love her smile and her giggle. I love those big blue eyes. I love the way she gives me big open-mouthed kisses on my cheek. I love hearing her say bye bye when she waves at someone. I love the little noises she makes when she eats her food (this girl loves to eat!). I love watching her play and learn new things everyday. I love hearing her "talk." I love seeing her turn the pages of her books and point at the pictures. I love bathing her and watching how excited she gets when I put the bath toys in the tub. I love it when she claps her hands anytime someone says yeah or sings pat-a-cake. I love the expression on her face when she hears her daddy coming in the door at the end of the day or when she hears the Praise Baby music coming on--so excited! I could go on and on...I love everything about this sweet girl. What an amazing blessing she is to me and Micah every day. Thank you God for letting her be a part of our lives.

6 comments:

Summer said...

I remember that day very well - I can't believe it's been a year either! She is such a sweet girl and her "aunt" Summer loves her very much! :-) Happy Birthday, Annalee!

Alisha said...

You've written such a sweet post.

Happy birthday, Annalee!

Kandi said...

What a year!! I cant remember what it was like before she came into our world??? I can say how much brighter and happier she made it!!! We love you Annalee!

Mauri said...

Happy Birthday, Annalee! What a precious little girl!

Kristen said...

What a sweet blog entry!!! Happy Birthday Annalee! She is so sweet! :)

Kylie said...

OK Lori, I'm crying reading your post! Isn't it funny how much things can change in just one year. Sometimes it seems like "I Love You" isn't enough. There needs to be something that means more than love. I'm so glad you love being a mommy, it's the best gift! Happy birthday Annalee!