Ok, I need some motherly advice! Annalee has been refusing to take her second nap of the day since last Sunday. When did your kids transition to only one nap a day? When is a good time for that nap? I know each kid is unique, but I need somewhere to start. Help!!
10 comments:
Between 16 and 18 months both mine went to an 11am nap only..... Of course 11am could be noon but they both usually went down for atleast 2 hrs :) Katelyn still takes hers. Jack went to just "resting" at about 3 1/2 yrs.....Hope this helps :)
When Elijah transitioned to one nap, it was usually right after lunch for about 2-3 hours. I don't remember how old he was...probably around 18 mos but I'm not sure. I was sad to lose that extra nap though! :-)
Bennett just started doing this - I agree it's a bummer. I think it's at the right age, though :( Interestingly, after a couple of weeks of one nap (around 11:00, lasting 2-3 hours), he's now reverted back to 2 naps again...YAY!! But I don't think it'll last long. I'm just as confused as you are, friend! Maybe it'll be easier with the next one cause we'll be veterans :)
It seems like Garrett was about Annalee's age now. I was very sad when we went to one but he would take 3-4 hour naps. He still takes long naps and he is almost 3.
Both of mine have done this pretty early - around fifteen months, I think. I actually enjoy it because I can get out in the morning and then let them take a long afternoon nap - usually two or three hours!
Maylen was about 18 months. I pushed naptime back about 15 minutes per day until we got to an 11.30-12.00 naptime. She would sleep for 2-3 hours. But, if we got really busy for a few days and she got really tired she'd revert back and take 2 naps maybe once or twice a week. She did that until she was about 2 or 2 1/2. She is now 5 and will usually nap 2-3 times a week. (only for about an hour) Our schedule tuckers that girl out! I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, you might just have to be flexible and kinda feel Annalee out! Good luck!
Sydney has recently quit taking her morning nap and she's 15 months. Gracie Claire stopped taking two naps earlier than that and stopped taking naps all together at 2. We still try to have a "rest" time with her though. Losing that extra nap is always a little bit of a bummer. :o)
Ryan took 2 naps until about 21 months but I think that might be abnormally long. Now I try to hold him off til after lunch.
I think Sonya was about 18 months and Sage 15 months....afternoon about 1 or 2 o'clock for a couple of hours....I'm with Courtney, it's great to have the morning free and then come home to naps!
There is a great book about sleep that might help....Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weisbluth
Hi Lori! Natalie is 13 mths and weaned herself to 1 nap 4 days ago. I've tried to keep us busy in the mornings, eat lunch, and then put BOTH kids down after lunch. Todd was probably closer to 16 mths old when he made the transition.
Post a Comment