First, let me apologize (mainly to Rachel) that there are no cute pics of Annalee on this post. Micah is not feeling well tonight, and he's asleep right by my camera, so I don't want to bother him right now to get it.
I need to vent and get some advice from all you gals with 2 kids! Let's do the venting first, shall we!! Why in the world don't they consult real moms with actual kids before they start designing strollers?? I mean really. Who ever thought that it was a good idea to make a 'sit-n-stand' stroller with the infant carrier in front? Why would an older child want to stare directly at your crotch while they were riding somewhere? Do traditional double strollers really have to be as long as a limo, I mean I know your transporting 2 kids, but come on. Where is the stroller that is exactly like a single one with an additional "perch" stuck on the front of it for another kid? I think I'm done for now.
Ok, moms, what double stroller do you have and why do you like it? Here's my criteria...must hold 2 kids comfortably (i.e. both are able to fall asleep in it, if so desired), can't be as long as a semi-truck, and must accommodate my graco safe seat. I'm a bit skeptical, I don't think such a thing exists! Prove me wrong ladies. :)
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
4 comments:
I have a double stroller that is from One Step Ahead. It is the only that I could find that is a grow with me stroller. The back seat for Annalee can be a regular seat or it can come out and be a stand and sit. Then the front comes with a bar for the carrier and then can also be a seat when they get older. I love mine. It is somewhat big...I guess, but it is really easy to move around. If Sam sits, he usually faces forward instead of looking at me. The only thing I don't like about it is that the basket is between the two seats, so under Sam's feet when he faces forward. But you get used to it.
I really needed it because Sam was only 17 months when Micah was born and still needed a regular seat. Now it is just a stand and sit. It really is great that Sam can just jump down or jump on and ride.
Hope I answered your question. If we had room, I would bring it this weekend so you could see it. Let me know if you need to know the exact one.
The "sit-n-stand" strollers are very popular here. But the kid standing is always facing away from the person pushing the stroller so there's no crotch in face situation. Maybe I'm just confused about what you're talking about. I don't know much about strollers. :)
I LOVE my Quatro Tour Duo Stroller from Graco (i think that is the name...I can check if you need me to) It is GREAT! I put both carriers in their at first so I know that the carriers will fit in front or back. I know you wouldn't do that since you don't have twins. It is great now b/c we don't use the carriers anymore and they both fit comfortably in the seats. It has cup holders for everyone (including mommy) and many other fun features. It is the newest graco stroller for double. Double strollers are not fun to shop for at all. You can't have all the fun brands b/c no one except Graco makes a double stroller for carriers. It is very long, but you just have to get used to it. I know I might have not been much help, but I feel like I have the 2 kid thing down pretty good. Let me know if you have anymore questions or details.
kmcooper129 at hotmail dot com.
Walk around the hallways before school and there are quite a few that come with moms who will give you the pros and cons of each one - that's how I picked ours! I liked being able to see them in action. however, Maelie doesn't need to sleep in it, so the one that I chose might not be the one for you. Good luck!
Post a Comment