Tuesday, February 23, 2010

9 Months!

Yay, I'm 9 months old!!

Sweet Baby Grace is 9 months old!! This has been a big month for her...she started crawling and pulling up! She also started eating better for me as far as table food/pureed food is concerned. She loves to clap her hands and wrinkle her nose at you. She is still doing great at school (2 days a week while I teach), but now she gets sad if she sees me in the hall and I don't pick her up. They push 6 babies at a time in the "Bye Bye Buggy" and it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen! I try to stick my head out to get a glimpse, but now it makes her sad. :( She has 5 teeth and 3 more that are about to cut through...we are over achievers in the teeth area. She thinks it's funny when she bites my shoulder and I tell her No No...she laughs at me. Yep.
In case anyone is wondering..no, she doesn't have a perpetual wound on her forehead...it's her birthmark. Technically it's called a hemangioma, basically a cluster of blood vessels just under the skin. It wasn't there when she was born, but formed at about 3 weeks of age. It has a very high possibility of shrinking and disappearing in the next year or so, but if it doesn't we can have it removed after she's a year old...or not, it makes her special! (She also has one on her tummy). Just wanted to clarify because I get stopped at least 3 times a week by strangers asking me if she has hurt herself!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

She is so adorable. I especially love that first photo. Minerva also thinks it's funny when I tell her no. She just gets this big grin like I've said the funniest thing ever.