
Annalee was beside herself today when I let her finally have a gumball. She's been taunted by the gumball machine at JoJo's house for years and I've always told her that she could have one when she was older like Caleb (he's 8 months older than her, so technically this would never happen). I just didn't want to go down the whole gum road with a toddler. Well, today, when she asked, I gave in. I wish I could bottle up the excitement that enveloped her in that moment. Pure joy. She graciously accepted her shiny penny from JoJo, put it in the slot, turned the handle and out popped the treasure, an orange gumball. Of course we had the whole "you never put gum anywhere but your mouth or the trash" lecture and then she partook in what was the shortest gum-chewing episode imaginable. She literally chewed 3 times, spit it into her hand, threw it in the trash, and sat on the couch so proud and satisfied with her experience. Alrighty then.

1 comment:
She looks so proud in that last photo. Too cute!
Post a Comment