Saturday, September 4, 2010

That time of year again...

I must be a glutton for punishment. Although I am a very dedicated "Just Between Friender", today was almost too much for me. I missed my early shopping time (due to a VERY important birthday party, love you Karson!). However, due to this double booking in my schedule, I was forced to shop with.....the public! It started out just fine as usual and then came the time to get in line to check-out. I looked at my phone when I began my journey and it was 2:08....when I finally reached the register it was 4:45!!! A major bonus to that insanely long wait time was that I got to spend it with my sister-in-law. We did take a couple of breaks and do some extra shopping while the other held our place. It's a good thing the next sale isn't until the spring because I was a little beat down after today. The only reason I waited in that ginormous line was because I had a killin' in my basket and there's no way I could ever get this many clothing items for the girls for what I paid today.

Annalee's stash. She was most excited about her sparkle pumpkin shirt for Halloween. She also thought that it was pretty funny that I bought her a shirt that says Sassy on it. I call her Sassy Molassy sometimes when she is acting too big for her britches.

And Grace's stash...lots smaller than sister's because she is stocked with hand-me-downs.


And because they're cute, the two I was shopping for today...
And, yes, Grace has a mullet because her hair refuses to grow in the front!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have only done that sale one time and it was a nightmare! I went for a stroller and clothes before Ryan was born. I got there with the early bird shoppers and first time moms but there was still a TON of people. One lady went around and immediately put tags on about a dozen strollers and told me she likes to go ahead and "reserve" them while she figures out which one she really wants. So while I waited that out, I went to the clothes section. There were two ladies removing armfuls of clothes from the size I needed and placing them in tupperware tubs, then going and sitting in the corner and sorting through them. And they just left the ones they didn't want sitting on the floor. I just walked out without anything. What's the secret to having a better experience?