Monday, April 7, 2008

I hate curd

I just have to vent. Tomorrow Karson and I are going to do some baking and so I thought I'd be smart and do a little prep work ahead of time. I decided to try a recipe from Martha (you know, Stewart) and it called for a curd filling. I've never actually made curd before, but how hard could it be right? Well, mark my word, I will never make it again!!! After one hour of stirring, I finally decided it was curd despite the fact that it didn't reach the magical 160 degree mark. However, I'm pretty sure that I reached that temperature based on the amount of sweat that I produced. These better be the best dang cupcakes that ever existed. Although they probably won't be since I didn't follow the directions exactly. I'll let you know tomorrow once the final product is complete. Argh!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

I like lemon curd on scones, but it's the only kind I've tried. I found it here in a little British food shop. It's expensive, but tasty. I hope the cupcakes turn out well after all that work!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Hey!! It's from Bed Bath and Beyond!!

Kandi said...

I'm sorry.....I bet they turned out delicous!