Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School Started Without Me Today

(My classroom on the 1st day of school last year.)
For the past 22 years I have had a "first day of school"...not this year. I have very mixed emotions about this fact. I absolutely LOVE being at home with Annalee and being able to care for her and watch her grow every day. Although I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world, I am a tiny bit sad that I was not standing in the hallway this morning at Hughes Elementary greeting fresh-faced 2nd graders for the first day of school. I was so blessed to have taught with the most talented group of teachers that I could have ever imagined. My job was literally given to me by the Lord at exactly the right time and plac e. I coudn't have hand picked a better place to teach for the past 5 years. I love you girls so much and I wish you the best of luck this year....I will be up to visit A LOT!! Know that I was thinking about you today.

1 comment:

Kandi said...

I am sad for you today:( Just think of the precious little lives you enriched for those 5 yrs and how they wouldnt be the students they are today without you! But remember in 5 SHORT years you will again get to experience the "first day of school" from a whole new perspective! Don't blink....it goes too fast!