Saturday, August 18, 2007

Things I love

There are just certain things that make me happy...Here is a little glimpse into the simple things that I love...in random order, of course.

My August to August Calendar/Organizer..my whole life is written in this book!



Dr. Pepper
My absolute favorite drink, although I never order it in a restaurant...I reserve it for special "treats."



Reef flip flops...I've lost count of how many pairs I've owned. It's a rare occasion that I am not wearing a pair of reefs. (I even prefer them over a pair of athletic shoes for my evening walks!)



Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Markers....any color! These are so fun, I love the bold colors! I actually love any type of sharpie-probably the teacher in me. :)







Notepads...at the moment this one is my favorite...it has 2 sides labeled "to buy" and "to do." Love it...I am a list maker. Currently I have 4 different lists going!!






Real Simple Magazine...
Super cute ideas
Organizing tips
Yummy recipes
Fabulous decorating stuff
Simple. Clean. Pretty.
This is the highlight of the mailbox for me!!








Swiffer Sweep Vac

I can thank Brittney for this obsession...a must have for wood floors and tile! I literally swiffer my house on a daily basis. There's nothin' like watching the little dust bunnies getting sucked into the canister AND trapped on the swiffer pad...so fulfilling!!

Clorox wipes

With these and my swiffer I am a cleaning machine! I use them for everything...dusting, countertops, floors (just "wear" them on the soles of your bare feet and scoot around the tile floors...good bye mop!).

I know there are tons of other little things that I love, but that will have to do for now!

What are your favorite little things???

7 comments:

Kandi said...

Oh...I often think we were seperated at birth! Clorox wipes, fine point sharpies and the rush when witnessing the demise of dust bunnies!!! And reefs..I'm on #5 just this year! I got all tingly when I read this blog :) It was so nice I read it twice!!! But not because I'm OCD :)

Summer said...

I would have guessed flip flops for you since you'll wear them in the dead of winter when it's -20 degrees outside! This is a hard question but a few of mine are my calendar/organizer because I too am a list maker, baby wipes (for cleaning of course!), crocs - especially for Elijah, the doggy door for Trigger (life is so much easier this way), the dust buster and gaucho pants with an elastic waist. Okay, I sat here for like 15 minutes coming up with that and still think it's lame. :-)

annalee said...

your list is wonderful. i am smiling just thinking about all of these things... nothing beats a new planner, package of sharpies, and real simple in the mailbox!

Andrea W. said...

Okay, I ALSO love almost everything on your list- a planner, sharpies, reefs, clorox wipes, Real Simple... The only one I am not familiar with, although I now intend to be, is the swiffer. I like to do things the hard way- I sweep, then vaccuum and then I go back over the same floors for the 3rd time with the mop! Thanks for the tip and for reminding me that I need to pick up some more fine tip sharpies, too bad I missed tax free weekend.

christine pinson said...

first of all...i can't believe i didn't know you had a blog! great...another one to add to the list, and since i am back in the hospital right now it gives me more to pass the time...it really is addicting...it's so great!

second...seriously the more i get to know you, or even just hear things that micah says, the more i think we are SO much alike it is scary...why don't we hang out with yall more?! i am IN LOVE with clorox wipes...matt makes fun of me because i love them so much...but i only use the green ones because i hate lemon scented products...weird, i know, and makes it difficult buying some cleaning supplies, but i love the way the green ones smell...so fresh! and the swiffer is my best friend...i just pretty much LOVE to clean and it is sad but i could probably write a whole blog entry about the cleaning products i love, but i don't know if anyone would want to read that!

i also wear my reefs pretty much every day...i have gone through several pairs as well...sharpies...LOVE them, especially the fine tip and Real Simple is one of my favs...i don't have a subscription but i probably should since it ends up always being my impulse buy at the checkout stand! and my planner is always with me...i LOVE to write it and make lists...i hadn't seen those notepads you have, but i will have to be on the lookout for them FOR SURE...

now, i am a Coca Cola drinker, got that from my daddy...but other than that, yeah i think we might be twins!

okay well this ended up being a whole other blog entry rather than a "comment", and i didn't really add my favorites to this list, i just commented on how much i love what you wrote about...but this was a fun one to read, and my blogs have been kind of downers lately, so it was fun to come to your cute pink and green page with pictures of your sweet pea annalee!

okay...this comment is WAY too long! but i really do mean it that i can't wait until we can hang out with you guys, it is always so much fun...at least for us it is :)

Courtney said...

Lori, I just found your blog through Christine's. It's always fun to stumble onto someone you know! I'm completely with you on the lists. Love them! And colored sharpies. And flip flops. You've got some good stuff on here!

Seeing your blog reminded me that I was going to contact the church about that sticking nursing mother's room door! I haven't been back in there because I'm too scared I'll get stuck! I laugh every time I think about me panicking in there and then waiting to let you out after I saw you go in there, knowing you might get stuck too!

Kristen said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I can't believe I didn't know. I love almost all the things you love. We are so much alike in that way. :) I also wear my reefs on walks, love clorox wipes, obsessed with my planner and lists. I do have those notepads like you. So fun! I have to catch up by reading your blog. Annalee is precious! :)